North Carolina Central University
- Bachelor of Art, Mass Communication
- Minor in Literature
- Cumulative GPA: 3.75
- Graduation Date: May 5, 2014
- Created and organized administrative portfolios, records and reports for 70+ faculty members.
- Assisted with the implementation of quality improvement programs and the coordination of departmental events.
- Assisted with developing effective resolutions for conflict between faculty and students.
Administrative AssistantNCCU College of Arts & Sciences, Durham, NC 09/2013 – 05/2014
- Maintained an active leadership role through implementing and preserving a productive living learning environment.
- Oversaw student engagement, community development, administrative tasks, and student safety.
- Served as a liaison for all campus resources and first respondent to resident needs or concerns.
Resident AssistantNCCU Department of Residential life, Durham, NC 08/2012 – 05/2014
- Facilitated 1 on 1 consultations with students seeking assistance with oral and written communication.
- Developed and implemented effective critical thinking and public speaking techniques.
- Assisted with the creation of several multimedia projects and promotional campaigns.
Speaking Coordinator AssistantNCCU Quality Enhancement Plan, Durham, NC 02/2013 – 12/2013
- Facilitated individual and group student engagement sessions.
- Worked closely with faculty to improve student development and retention in traditional English courses.
- Developed effective grammar exercises and essay composition strategies.
Supplemental Instruction LeaderNCCU Department of Supplemental Instruction, Durham, NC 12/2011 – 05/2013
- Created visual media projects for university campaigns, activities and special events
- Maintained social media websites while promoting student and faculty engagement
- Composed press releases and media kits while mastering the use of media technologies and software